Current Research Projects
- ARC Linkage Project LP190101287 as lead CI, “RAINBOW - RAdIo Networks Based On machine learning for situation aWareness” with Northrop Grumman Corp., 2020-2023, with Prof. Chris Leckie and Dr. Sarah Erfani.
- “Real-time Internet of Things (IoT) algorithms with performance guarantees” ARC Discovery 2019-2021 (jointly with Prof. M. Palaniswami, Dr Jiong Jin).
- Quantum Machine Learning project in collaboration with Dr. Seyit Camtepe and Dr. Chandra Thapa, PhD student stipend and top-up funding by CSIRO/Data61, 2023-2026.
- “Game Theory and the Boyd-Kuramoto-Lanchester models” in collaboration with Dr. Alex Kalloniatis, funded by the DST Group as part of a Strategic Research Initiative, 2019-2023.
- “Model-Free Operating Envelopes at NMI Level”, C4NET project with Prof. Nando Ochoa Pizzali and Prof. Chris Leckie.
- AML NGTF project on adversarial learning with DSTG, with Prof. Ben Rubinstein and multiple collaborators from DSTG (Dr. Tamas Abraham and Dr. Paul Montague)
- “Situation Aware Cognitive Radio Network using Machine and Deep Learning” supported with a professorial fellowship by Northrop Grumman Corp., 2017-2019.
- “The role of information in game-theoretic decisions on distributed systems,” ARC Discovery Project (DP), 2014-1016 (extended to 2018) as Chief Investigator (CI).
- “Game Theory and Adversarial Network Dynamical Model” in collaboration with Dr. Alex Kalloniatis funded by the DST Group as part of a strategic research initiative in 2018.
- “Easing the squeeze: dynamic and distributed resource allocation with cognitive radio,” ARC DP, 2014-2016 as CI, completed in 2018.
- “The impact of the mass adoption of electric cars on the Australian electricity grid,” ARC Linkage Project (LP), 2010-2014 as CI,
completed in 2017,
- “Improving the Operation of Large-Scale Irrigation Networks through Automation,” ARC LP, 2014-2016 as CI.
Selected Past Projects
- Univ. of Melbourne - Univ. of Manchester Collaboration Grant on “Techno-economic integration of DER in distribution networks through investment coalitions” together with Dr Eduardo Martínez-Ceseña, 2016-2017.
- Industry project “Analysis of Baseline Consumer Demand Response” with AGL, 2015-2016.
- Industry project “Power Quality Management and Optimization for Business Customers with Private Local Networks,” with 1Circle, 2014-2015, supported by VIC State Government, Australia.
- Achieving cost effective abatement from Australian electricity generation, 2012-2014 (as Investigator), funded by Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA).
- Games and mechanisms for shaping the evolution of power grid and demand, 2013-14, as CI, funded by The University of Melbourne Interdisciplinary Research Grant.
- Control and Game Theory for Networked System Security, 2012, (as CI), funded by The University of Melbourne Early Career Research Grant.
- Chief Investigator (CI) )of the research project “SAGA: Spectrum Allocation Games”, which was a collaboration between Deutsche Telekom Labs and Tech. Univ. Berlin (TUB) and had received over 200 000 Euros, Jan. 2009 - Jan. 1011.
- CI of the research project “NAWiS: Network Assisted Wireless Services”, which was a collaboration between Deutsche Telekom Labs, TU-Berlin, and Stanford University and had received 65 000 Euros, Nov. 2008- Sept. 2009.
- CI of the research and development project “Spree: A Community-based Information Exchange Network”, which had received over 300 000 Euros of funding from Deutsche Telekom Labs, Dec. 2006-Apr. 2008. The results are published as an open-source project.
- Team member in “Distributed Control of Trustworthy Networked Systems” jointly prepared with T. Basar. This project has ranked within the top 6 among a large number of such proposals as part of the Information Trust Institute initiative and received funding from the Boeing Company, 2005.
Last updated on May 12, 2023