- TPC co-chair of GameSec 2016 and Associate Editor of the IEEE ISGT Asia 2016 conferences.
- Started teaching the new PhD-level subject ELEN90078 Distributed Systems and Game Theory in 2016.
- Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security since August 2015.
- Associate Editor of the IEEE JSAC Special Issue on Game Theory for Networks.
- Saddened by the loss of John Nash (1928-2015). RIP!
- Promoted to be an Assoc. Professor and Reader at the end of 2014.
- The recent projects I participate as Chief Investigator (CI) have received total funding of AUD 1381000 from Australian Research Council in 2014.
- Mechanisms and Games for Dynamic Spectrum Allocation, Eds. T. Alpcan, H. Boche, M. L. Honig, and H. V. Poor. The new book is now available!
- I have become a Senior Member of IEEE in 2013.
- I co-chair the Communication and Information Systems Security Symposium [CFP]
in IEEE International Conference on Communications, ICC 2013.
- I co-chaired the RAWNET 2012, the 8th Intl. workshop on
Resource Allocation and Cooperation in Wireless Networks (together with WiOpt 2012).
- I have joined the Dept. of EEE at The University of Melbourne as Senior Lecturer in October 2011.
- I have now over one hundred publications (books, book chapters, journal and conference articles)! It is a nice milestone.
- I am an initiator and steering board member of Conference on Decision and Game Theory for Security - GameSec
- I am a steering board member of Conference on Decision and Game Theory for Security.
I chaired the inaugural GameSec in 2010.
- Information about my book "Network Security: A Decision and Game Theoretic Approach" co-authored with Tamer Başar is here.
- I was the chair of the IEEE ComSoc MMTC Interest Group on "Media Processing and Communications Security (SecIG)" between 2010-2012.
- Our paper "Dynamic control and mitigation of interdependent IT security risks" by J. Mounzer, T. Alpcan, and N. Bambos,
has received the Best Paper Award in IEEE Intl. Conf. on Communications (ICC), Comm. and Info. System Security Symposium (CIS), South Africa, May 2010.
- Our paper "Coalitional game theory for security risk management" by W. Saad, T. Alpcan, T. Başar, and A. Hjorungnes
has received the Best Paper Award in the 5th Intl. Conf. on Internet Monitoring and Protection (ICIMP), Barcelona, Spain, May 2010.
- I was honored to (co-)host John F. Nash, who received the Nobel Prize for his famous work on game theory, in Deutsche Telekom Laboratories on January 22nd, 2010.
- SPREE project prototype is available under the AGPL open source license! A version has been recently used in the 60th Intl. meeting of Nobel laureates in Lindau, Germany.
- All of my professional activities are listed here.
- A complete list of my conference and journal articles. Most of them are downloadable.
- Bibtex file of my publications for your convenience.